In working with Nadine, in either a Private Individual, or Family Nutrition Session, you may be exposed to information on HERBS, SPICES and Homeopathic Remedies. The following is intended to shed a bit of light in that arena and spark further interest, as you continue your path to overall health and wellness.
Homeopathy is a two-hundred-year-old medical system that can be used at home to care for a wide spectrum of mild-to-moderate acute health issues. Homeopathy works with us, not on us. When remedies are selected correctly, they act rapidly, deeply and curatively, stimulating the body’s defenses rather than simply suppressing symptoms. The best reason to use homeopathic remedies/medicines in self-care is that they work, another is their low cost.
Homeopathic medicines are exceptional, as they can greatly enhance deep healing without the harmful side effects so commonly caused by conventional medicines. According to homeopathic philosophy, health is defined as: a state of freedom existing on 3 inter-related levels: the physical, the emotional and the mental. The mental state is considered the most important followed by the emotional state then the physical state.
In your own travels of gathering healing information, you may have been exposed to the concept that Healing takes place from the Inside-Out, dealing with the Last issue that showed up, and from the Head down. That is the very premise of Hering’s Laws of Cure followed by Homeopaths and Naturopaths.
Hering’s Laws of Cure
- Law I ~ healing progresses from the deepest part of the organism (mental, emotional levels and vital organs) to the external parts. [Inside-Out]
- Law II ~ symptoms appear and disappear in the reverse of their original chronological order of appearance [Last will be First, First will be Last]
- Law III ~ healing progresses from the upper to the lower parts of the body [Top-to-Bottom]
Symptoms can be either Particular or General in nature. Particular symptoms refer to local symptoms associated with a specific part of the body (throat pain, cold feet). General symptoms are those felt by the entire body (chills, aches, exhaustion).
The following Guidelines for the Proper Care, handling and storage of homeopathic remedies are offered, should you choose to embrace homeopathic remedies in your own self-care.
- Prevent exposure to sunlight, intense light and temps higher than 100 degrees F
- Prevent exposure to strong odors like camphor and perfumes
- Keep medicines in their original containers
- Do not contaminate the medicine
- Only open ONE remedy at a time
- Throw away any excess pills if they come out of the bottle
- Replace contaminated meds